Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship, it is a scheme brought in collaboration with Maulana Azad Education Foundation (Ministry of Minority Affairs), Government of India. Herein the foundation is fulfilling the role of the nodal department. Through this scheme, the government is trying to offer a special scholarship that has been launched specifically for the girls that are belonging to the categories notified under the minority communities, including Buddhist, Christian, Jain, Muslim, Parsi, and Sikh.
Through this scholarship, the ministry is providing INR 5000 to the students from 9th to 10th standard, INR 6000 for the 11th to 12th standard. It aims to provide educational aid to the girls who are meritorious students so that they can have financial assistance for the advancement of the education.
With respect to the above information, this article will provide complete details about the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship, including the eligibility criteria, the application procedure, the scholarship amount, and much more relevant details about it. Give a read to know more.
Hazrat Begum Mahal National Scholarship Portal- About
Previously the scholarship was known as the Maulana Azad National Scholarship. This scheme was launched by the late Indian Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, in May 2003 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, during the National Conference of Educational & Economic Development of Minorities. The major aim of the scheme is to offer financial assistance to meritorious girl students and sponsor their studies if they are unable to pursue ahead with their education because of the lack of finance.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship- Scholarship Amount
- Class 9th & 10th will get INR 5000
- Class 11th & 12th will get INR 6000
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship- Overview
- The name of the scheme is the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship.
- The name of the department associated with the scheme is Maulana Azad Education Foundation.
- The ministry associated with the scheme is the Ministry of Minority Affairs, the Indian Government.
- The scholarship was launched on 3rd May 2003.
- The scheme was launched by the late Prime Minister of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The beneficiaries under the scheme are the girls of the minority community.
- The benefits provided under the scholarship are monetary.
- The mode of application for the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship is online.
- The scheme is a central government scheme.
The official portal link of the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship portal is- https://bhmnsmaef.org/maefwebsite/
Hazrat Begum Mahal Scholarship- Schedule
- The release of the notification was done on 2nd October 2020.
- The online registration for the scheme commenced on 2nd October 2020.
- The online registration extended the last date was 28th November 2020.
- The last date for the final submission of the form with the required documents was 30th November 2020.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship- Objectives
- The main objective of the scholarship is providing promotion, recognition, encouragement, and assistance to the girl students who belong to minority communities for covering their higher education covering standard 9th to 12th, financially.
- Through the scheme, the ministry aims to offer financial support to girls students so that they can pay their school or the college fee, their stationery/equipment purchase that would be required for course, syllabus book purchase, lodging or boarding charges, etc.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Portal- Eligibility Criteria
- The beneficiaries herein are girl students who belong to minority communities, including Christians, Buddhists, Jains, Muslims, Sikhs, and the Parsis.
- Students must be in between standard 9th to 12th.
- The students must at least secure 50% of the marks or the equivalent grade in their previous qualifying exams.
- The school must verify the credentials of the students. Herein, the student will be required to fill up the verification form of the school and then get the same signed by the principal. The form should have the stamp and the signature on the photograph.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 2 lakh.
- The applicants are not required to send to the authorities any hard copies of the document.
- Per family, only two students can claim scholarships.
- Applicants who wish to study abroad, they cannot avail this scholarship.
- Students wouldn’t be required to pay fees while submitting their application form.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship- Salient Features
- This scheme is completely 100% government-funded.
- The scholarship amount, it gets transferred directly through the methods of direct bank transfer.
- The entire application mode is online.
- No provision is available for study abroad.
- The girl child belonging to the minority community can only avail this scholarship.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship- Terms And Conditions
- The amount of scholarship, it will be distributed as per the minority population of every state and the union territories as per the census 2011.
- From time to time, the authorities have the right to change rules.
- No matter what the circumstances, if once the scholarship gets revoked, the same will not get revived.
- If there comes in any academic gap, the concerned scholarship will get discontinued.
- If the student is availing any other scholarship under the state or the central government schemes, they will not be eligible herein for the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship.
- In case any student provided false information, the scholarship will stand canceled, and the amount given therein would get recovered.
- The applicants belonging to the group with the lowest income, they will be provided preference.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship- Documents Required
- Aadhaar card
- Bank Account details
- Income certificate
- Mark sheet
- Passport size photograph
- School verification form
- Self-declaration of the minority community
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship- Selection Criteria
The applicant selection has been made on marks obtained basis in the previous qualifying exams, and it is also based on the family income.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship- Application Procedure
- Visit the official portal of the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship.
- From the homepage, click on the option new registration.
- A new page will appear. Therein some general instructions are provided. Make sure to read it all carefully.
- Then click on the option to continue with the registration.
- A new registration form will appear. Therein provide the details including, applying class, student name, fathers and mothers name, religion, date of birth, district, Pincode, etc., as asked.
- Once done, cross-check the same and click on the option submit.
- With this simple procedure, one will be able to submit their application.
Application Form Renewal Procedure
As of now, there doesn’t exist any renewal process for the scheme. If one needs to make an application, they will have to submit the new application every single time.
Login Procedure For- bhmnsmaef.org Portal
- Visit the official portal of the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship.
- From the homepage, click on the option login.
- A new page will appear. Therein enter the mobile number.
- Once done, click on the option send OTP.
- One will receive OTP on their registered mobile number. Use it and enter the same in the OTP box.
- Once done, click on the option verify OTP.
- Then provide the date of birth and the captcha code.
- Next, click on the option login to log in to the official portal.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Portal- Application Status
- Visit the official portal of Maulana Azad Education Foundation.
- From the homepage, click on the option Application Status.
- Then click on the option read more.
- On the page, enter the scholarship category, date of birth, identification details, along with the captcha code.
- Then click on the option view application status, and the status will be displayed on the screen.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship- Points To Remember
- Applicants are not required to send or submit the physical or the hard copy of the documents through the post or by hand to the MAEF.
- The documents are to be uploaded only in English or Hindi.
- It is advised to the students that they submit one application form, and in case more than one is submitted, the same will be considered Duplicate and hence will get rejected.
- No application fee will be submitted by the applicant.
- The scholarship amount will be credited through the DBT mode directly to the beneficiary bank account.
- If the amount is requested by the beneficiary to be transferred to the guardian account or wants to get the payment through the cheque/DD, such requests, it will not be considered at all.
Scholarship Cancellation Rules
- If there comes an academic gap within the studies because of either of the reason.
- If the students fail to submit the application on time or to make a claim for scholarship renewal on time.
- Suppose false information has been provided by the beneficiary for getting the scholarship. In this case, the scholarship will stand canceled, and the amount paid will be recovered.
Hope the above article was able to provide complete information about the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship. In case one still has any queries or concerns, they can connect with the relevant authorities using the below-mentioned details.
- Contact Number- 011-23583788 or 011-23583789
- Email id- [email protected]
- Address (Nodal Agency)- Maulana Azad Campus, Chelmsford Road, Opposite New Delhi Railway Reservation Centre, New Delhi, 110055.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship- What is it?
This is one of the government launched schemes in collaboration with the Ministry of Minority Affairs. The scheme is completed funded by the central government. Under the scheme, the beneficiaries are the girl students from class 9th to 12th.
How can I renew the application form for the scholarship?
There doesn’t exist any renewal procedure. The applicants will be required to fill in the new application form for applying to the scholarship under the scheme.
Is there any application fee for the scholarship?
One is not needed to pay any application fee to make an application for the scholarship.