Governments around the States have been taking different actions to promote education. They are trying to make sure that the dropout rates of students reduce. In respect to it, the public authority has brought ahead the Nmms Scholarship to support the financially weaker section so that they can continue their education. For this facility, the students can apply online by visiting the official portal (https://scholarships.gov.in/).
The department of school education and literacy, operating under the ministry of human resource development, has brought in this facility for the students of India. The national means cum merit scholarship scheme offers financial incentives as a reward to the students who have the merit and want to continue their study ahead but are unable to because of belonging from the economically weaker section. Students will be provided encouragement throws a scholarship to pursue the secondary stage, and INR 12000 is offered as financial assistance from class 9th to 12th students. For more details about the scholarship, one can refer to the below-mentioned details and see if they qualify for the same to apply.
Details of Nmms Scholarship
Financial assistance is provided to the students who are a part of government-aided (state government) schools and local body schools. Any student whose family income is less than equal to INR 150000 is eligible for applying within this given scheme.
The Nmms Full Form is the National Means cum Merit Scholarship, and it was launched in 2008. It supports around 100000 students every year. The state government first conducts the examination on the basis of which the scholarship amount is awarded to the given students, and the same is dispersed directly into the bank account of the given beneficiary by the PFMS method (State Bank of India).
- This is scholarship has been launched by the government of India.
- Students of India are the beneficiaries.
- The objective is to provide financial assistance.
- The official website is https://scholarship.gov.in/.
- INR 12000 pa is provided as financial assistance
- One can apply for this scholarship through online and offline modes.
Nmms Scholarship objectives
- Reducing the dropout rate among the students after completion of class 8th.
- Provide financial assistance to fulfill the educational needs of the students and to ensure that they continue the same.
- To provide to the economically weaker section a supporting hand with nmms scholarship.
- To motivate the students to take admission in the secondary stage.
Nmms Scholarship 2021- Award Details
- INR 12000 p.a. (INR 1000 p.m.) is provided as a scholarship.
- One lakh scholarships get disbursed every year.
- Beneficiary receives the amount directly into the bank account.
- State Bank of India public financial management system is used for the service m
- Scholarship allocated in different states and union territories be for every year based on the number of the students and the enrollment of them in class 7th and 8th. While allocating, the population of the given state is also checked.
- Class 9th students receive INR 12000 p.a. for the given academic year in one go.
- Renewal of the scholarship is required every year till the student complete their class 12th.
- Promotion of the students is essential every year for the next class in order to continue availing of the scholarship.
Selection Procedure Under Nmms Scholarship 2021
The selection test is conducted by every state and union territory. It includes two sets of tests- the Mental Ability Test or MAT & Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). NCERT sets the complete guidelines for tests, and the candidates are required to clear the test for being eligible for the scholarship as this test decides whether or not the scholarship should be awarded to the given students.
The amount of time allocated for the test is 90 minutes and for the students who are specially-abled, get some extra time for test completion.
- MAT- in here, the reasoning abilities and also the critical thinking of the given candidate are tested through 90 multiple-choice questions. The questions are completely based upon the topics including analog, pattern and perception, the hidden figure, classification, and numerical series, etc.
- SAT- class 7th and 8th syllabus is used for this test which covers the subjects including science, mathematics, Social studies, and alike from which 90 multiple choice questions are provided.
Nmms Scholarship- Features & Benefits
- To provide financial incentive as a reward to all meritorious students who belong from the economically weaker section of society.
- Reduce the increasing dropout rate after class 8th.
- To increase the number of students pursuing secondary level education.
- To reach out to the state government aided and also the local body schools for providing help for the scholarship to the students.
- INR 12000 is provided per annum as part of the scholarship.
- An examination is conducted by the state government on the basis of which the scholarship amount is awarded to the students.
- The beneficiary gets the amount disbursed directly into their bank account by the State Bank of India using the PFMS method.
Nmms Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- To enroll, the student must have already enrolled for their class 8th education in any government-aided or local body schools.
- The annual family income of the student must be less than equal to 150000.
- For the reserved category, 50% and for the general category 55% qualifying marks criteria is to be fulfilled.
- In order to continue with the scholarship, 60% marks are to be scored by the candidate in their class 10th examination, and to continuing the same in class 12th, they should be promoted from class 11th in one attempt with 55% of marks at least.
- KVS, Sainik school, NVS, private school, all those students enrolled through the same cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Students who are taking facilities, including lodging and boarding, etc., in schools run by State Government are not eligible for the scholarship.
Nmms Scholarship – Documents Required
- Class 7th and 8th mark sheet
- Caste and Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- Disability certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Mobile number and bank account details
Nmms Scholarship– Fee Detail (Application)
Once the nmms scholarship registration process is completed, the candidates are required to pay the below-mentioned registration fee.
- General category- INR 170
- SC/ST- INR 120
- Visit the national scholarship portal, and from the homepage, click on the option लॉगिन।
- Choose the year in which the candidate wants to log इन।
- On the login section, provide the user id and password along with the captcha कोड।
- Click on the option login, and one will be successful log on to the portal where one can proceed to apply to the Nmms scholarship.
Nmms Scholarship Registration Procedure
- Visit the official website (https://scholarships.gov.in/) of the national scholarship portal and on the homepage click on the option new registration.
- On the new page, the instructions will be provided. Read it properly and tick the undertaking correctly.
- Click the continue option and on the new page provide details including scholarship category, student name and date of birth, mobile number and gender, bank account details, and all of the other details, including captcha as अस्केद।
- Make sure to do a preview of all the details entered and click on the option register.
Nmms Scholarship Registration Procedure – Offline
- Visit the official website (https://scholarships.gov.in/) of the national scholarship portal, and on the homepage, click on the option Nmms scholarship.
- Click on the download form link and when the screen displays the pdf format Download the same and take a print of it.
- Fill in the form with all of the required details as asked and attach all of the required documents.
- Once done, get the form submitted to the concerned department.
Results Declaration – Nmms Scholarship
Students in the above-mentioned test are required to secure 40% marks at least in each of the test and for the ones who qualify gets declared by the state. Some important conditions which are considered for preparing the final list of Nmms scholarship students include,
- 40% marks in each of the tests are required to be scored.
- Some of the reserved categories get a bit of relaxation as they have to get 32% of marks as cut off.
- In the previous final examination (class 8th), the students should obtain 55% off marks at least. SC/ST students get 5% as relaxation.
- In order to apply for the scholarship, students need to fulfill eligibility criteria.
Nmms Scholarship Disbursement
- An eligible candidate can avail of their scholarship under any of the schemes.
- The candidate needs to have a bank account with State Bank of India or in any other public sector bank and a scheduled bank.
- Every single state and the union territory will be sending the beneficiaries list to center on the given scholarship portal and after the concerned ministry has scrutinized the given proposal, sanctioned the funds from the given annual budget, the same is released to the SBI.
- The State Bank of India is responsible for this version of the scholarship, and they make sure that the same is paid in one go as soon as refunds are received.
- SBI is also required to instruct its branches to coordinate with the state education department in regard to scholarship payments.
- The students will be required to score in class 9th and 11th at least 55% marks and in class 10th at least 60% for continuing the Benefits. (SC/ST gets relaxation of 5%).
In case if the candidate is having any problem in regards to Nmms scholarship registration, they can contact on the helpline number (0120- 6619540) or can also reach out to the team through the email id ([email protected]) provided.
How to access nmms apply online option?
The candidates can do so through the official website of NPS (https://scholarships.gov.in/).
What are documents will be required to be submitted for nmms application online?
Income proof, two passport size photographs, a domicile certificate, and other documents will all be required to be provided from the end of the candidate to successfully apply for the scholarship.
Can I pay the application fees in cash?
No. The applicants need to make the payment via online payment mode.
What can be the possible reasons for application form rejection?
Incorrect details provided or incomplete forms submitted can all become a reason for the rejection of the given application form. The ineligibility of the given student is also one of the reasons for an application form rejection.
How can I check the result of the Nmms scholarship exam?
The result as such gets declared from the end of the state separately. The list of the students who cleared the examination and are selected gets released after the scores have been assessed. The students who have scored 40% or more than the same in each of the tests (MAT & SAT) will be only eligible for selection for the scholarship program.
Is there a pattern for Nmms scholarship?
The given scholarship examination gets conducted in the two sections. It includes Mental Ability Test and Scholastic Aptitude Test. MAT is known for examining the student’s reasoning ability, and SAT, on the other hand, examines the student’s knowledge over subjects. Every single section is provided 90 minutes in total to every student who is to attempt in total 90 multiple-choice questions.